Project: Construction Resources and Waste Roadmap 2008
A BRE project for Construction Resources and Waste Platform
The waste and resources impact of construction is important in terms of profitability, non renewable resource depletion and the environmental impact of building. This report summarises the current status of construction resource efficiency, and proposes 10 key actions to reduce waste production and divert waste from landfill.
The key objective of a roadmap is to build a critical mass of enthusiasm and commitment from stakeholders based on the evidence, the need to act and the policies and interventions required to achieve the desired outcome.
Download the annexes:
- Annex 1 - Construction Resources and Waste Compendium
- Annex 2 - Summaries of evidence gap projects
- Annex 3 - Construction Resources and Waste support
- Annex 4 - Policy and legislation
- Annex 5 - Consultation process and responses of participants
- Annex 6 - Future scenarios: Big Ideas workshop
- Annex 1 - 6 Zip file Annexes 1 through 6
Work is ongoing to implement key actions arising from the roadmap. For further information go to www.crwplatform.org.uk or contact
BRE, Garston, Watford WD25 9XX
T: +44 (0) 1923 664856
Developing a strategic approach to construction waste - 20 year strategy draft for comment