BIM Level 2 Business Systems Certification
Do you want to prove your company's BIM capabilities?
We help you achieve BIM recognition in the industry
BRE BIM Level 2 certification assesses business capability to utilise advanced 3D modelling tools and have the standards, methods, procedures, skilled staff and infrastructure in place for strict compliance with the Government’s strategy. Certification demonstrates that you have met the requirements of PAS 1192-2:2013 and section 4.2 table 8 of the PAS 91:2013 prequalification questionnaire document.
Why apply for BIM Business Systems Certification?
- Removes the requirement for the employer to carry out a BIM capability assessment
- Demonstrates compliance with PAS 1192-2:2013 and the ability to meet BIM Level 2 requirements
- Speeds up the tendering process, saving businesses time & money
- Helps your company stand out from the competition, showing you are ready for business
The Certification covers the following areas:
- Company BIM skills / training Record
- Software Tools – I.T. Strategy and Infrastructure
- Compliance with PAS 1192:2 2013 methods and processes
- CAD / BIM Documentation confirming the above
- Compliance with PAS91-2013 section 4.2 table 8
- Review of project case studies
What evidence do you need to provide for certification?
Applicants will need to determine whether they are a Task Team, Lead Supplier or Employer as this affects the areas of PAS 1192-2:2013 which you will need to be compliant with. Definitions for these three categories are as follows:
Task Team: A Task Team is an individual or organisation who is responsible for the production of design outputs related to a discipline-specific, package-based or time-based task.
Lead Supplier: A Lead Supplier is an individual or organisation who is appointed by the Employer, responsible for coordinated delivery of all design information AND / OR appoints Task Teams.
Employer: Individual or organisation for whom the contract is executed or delivered.
Minimum Application requirements
Having selected the category appropriate to your business, see below for a guide to the documents which will be required:
- BIM Execution Plan
- Staff Training Schedule
- BIM/CAD Procedures (layer naming / classifications systems / naming conventions etc.)
- Task Information Delivery Plan
- Common Data Environment procedures / protocols
- Clash Avoidance Procedures
As Task Team & Employer, plus:
- Task Team Assessment Procedures
- Master Information Delivery Plan
- Employers Information Requirements Inc. PLQ’s / OIR / AIR
- Supply Chain assessments
- Appointment of Project Information people
If you are considering BIM certification for your business, please read about the BRE Pre-Assessment service which can save your company time and assist with preparation for the certification process.
To be kept informed about the scheme, please provide us with your contact details here.
Service provided by BRE Global Ltd