Testing intumescent coatings for structural steel
We offer a full range of services - and an extensive capacity - for the preparation and testing of intumescent thin film and epoxy coatings used to provide fire protection to structural steelwork in the construction, shipping, petrochemical and other industries.
We have developed a high volume operation for the preparation , testing and certification of intumescent coatings. This covers the entire process, from supplying the steel to testing paint performance against key industry standards.
Our structural steel coating test services include:
- a selection of steel sizes in stock with rapid access to alternatives.
- engineering, fabrication and instrumentation services on site.
- purpose-built shot blast facilities.
- heated spray booths and the option of having expert staff apply coatings under customer supervision.
- confidential temperature controlled storage and conditioning facilities for samples following spraying.
- qualified staff to undertake dry film thickness measurements.
Our specialist test equipment includes a 4m x 4m floor furnace and a 3m column furnace offering testing to EN, BS and UL standards, providing testing under loaded and unloaded conditions. Our fire test facilities are fitted with smoke cleaning equipment for environmental protection and full operational flexibility.
In addition to the large scale testing, we also offer:
- Reaction-to-fire testing including smoke and toxicity tests
- a full range of facilities covering the environmental test requirements of ETAG 018
- automated assessment services to all methods defined in EN 13381 Part 8
- CE marking and assessment for LPCB certification.
We also offer specialist advice, consultancy and structural fire engineering services.