Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS)
BRE Global is a UKAS accredited certification body No.007.
4 MAY 2016
From 1 June BRE Global will no longer operate a certification scheme for MCS Installers. We are no longer accepting applications for membership of this scheme with immediate effect. For more information please contact us by email at email@example.com or call BRE Group Customer Services on 0333 321 88 11.
Please note that our certification scheme for microgeneration products remains open and is unaffected by this change.
The aim of MCS is to:
- Help build a rapidly growing Microgeneration industry based on quality and reliability.
- Make a substantial contribution to cutting the UK's dependency on fossil fuels and its carbon dioxide emissions
- Provide consumer confidence that products and installers meet and continue to meet robust standards
- Grow the Microgeneration industry
Certification schemes for installers and for products are open to applications from all technology areas and currently the following can be assessed:
- Solar Heating Collectors
- Solar PV
- Micro Wind
- Heat Pumps
- Micro combined heat and power
- Roof-mounting kit
For more information go to www.greenbooklive.com/microgen