BRE National Solar Centre (NSC)
Supporting solar to grow, innnovate and thrive
The BRE National Solar Centre was established in 2012 to provide independent evidence based information on solar energy systems and related topics. Our staff are based at Eden Project in Cornwall and BRE head office near Watford.
Our strength lies in our independent, authoritative solar expertise. Our target audience is organisations that require information about solar energy and related technologies. We also provide impartial advice for the UK solar industry.
We are a dedicated team of solar professionals with skills ranging from the practicalities of complex installations, technical consultancy, project planning, applied research and policy analysis.
The BRE National Solar Centre provides:
- Impartial and authoritative consultancy, research, training and products
- Independent research on performance of solar technologies via our Smart Solar Hub
- Guidance and standards on solar and related technologies
- Information on technical specification, procurement, installation & operation of solar technologies
- Cutting edge information on solar innovation and technological advances. See Our Library for more details
- Support for organisations that need good quality information on solar, e.g. community projects, corporate clients, local authorities and housing associations.
Located at the Eden Project, the NSC is run by BRE which is recognised globally for its knowledge of the sustainable built environment. We also have staff based at BRE head office near Watford, Hertfordshire.
The BRE National Solar Centre was opened in April 2013 by former Energy Minister, Greg Barker, with support from solar industry partners and Cornwall Council.
The BRE Group
BRE is the UK's leading centre of expertise for construction, the built environment, energy, fire, security and many associated issues.
To find out more or sign up to our newsletter email: email@example.com
To discuss how we can work to support you please give us a call: +44 (0)1726 871830
BRE National Solar Centre