BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment Assessor Training Course (New Assessors) - This event has already finished
This course is for candidates who wish to become BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment Assessors
The third day of the training takes place 4 weeks after the initial 2 day training course - 18 July 2012
The course is two days long, with an additional exam day one month after the training course. The training will introduce you to the BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment scheme and the assessment process.
Launched on 11th June 2012, the BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment scheme provides a methodology, software tool and certification for those responsible for delivering sustainable domestic refurbishment projects. It is designed to help building owners and occupiers save operating costs, reduce the environmental impacts of refurbishments and to increase the sustainability of existing building stock. Further information on the scheme can be found here: www.breeam.org/domrefurb
Delivered through a mixture of pre-course learning, presentations, workshops and exercises, you will be taken on a journey through the BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment assessment process gradually building up your knowledge and confidence towards becoming an assessor.
Key learning outcomes from the course are
- Understanding the role of the assessor
- Approaching assessment with the mindset of an assessor
- Gain an understanding of sustainable refurbishment and the refurbishment market
- Learning the technical aspects of the manual and applying it to a case study
- The assessment process and support structures in place for the scheme and assessors
- A brief overview of Health & Safety and Building Regulations in a refurbishment context.
The third day is the exam day which will start by taking you through the post refurbishment assessment process and give you an opportunity to address any questions you might have before taking the course exam necessary to gain the BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment Assessor qualification.
This course requires completion of pre-course work followed by an assessment of competence before you can participate in the training therefore, the last booking date for this course will be 8th June to allow delegates enough time to complete the pre-course work.
The full 2 day course plus the additional exam day is £995 plus VAT. To celebrate launch of the scheme, we are offering a 25% discount from the full price for the first three courses. To qualify for the discount, quote the discount code ‘REFURB25' when you make the booking. The course fee includes all material including a copy of the BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment Manual and exam. All candidates completing the course will receive a CPD certificate.
- If you wish to become a licensed assessor please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our licence fees
Lunch and refreshments are included in the price.
BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment Examination
To qualify as a BREEAM assessor you will need to complete and pass the examination taken on the afternoon of the third day. Please note that it is a requirement that once qualified your organisation must hold a BREEAM licence agreement in order to offer and carry out BREEAM assessments. A copy of the BREEAM Licence Agreement is available from BREEAM@bre.co.uk.
- designing or specifying buildings for refurbishment with low environmental impact
- delivering BREEAM environmental assessments
- satisfying professional CPD requirements and gaining a recognised qualification at the same time
Along with good literacy, numeracy and IT skills candidates are recommended to have one of the following qualifications:
- A science or professional services degree related to the built environment (e.g. architect, building surveyor etc), or at least 3 year's experience relevant to this field
- A qualification as one of the following
- BREEAM In-Use Auditor
- BREEAM AP
- Domestic Energy Assessor
- BRE Home Inspector
- ISO 14001 Auditor
NB We are offering a 25% discount on the first three courses which including the discount is at a cost of £746.00 (plus £149.00 VAT) - Total £895.00 per person. Please quote the discount code ‘REFURB25' when booking.
For more information:
BRE Global Training & Events Team
+44 (0) 1923 664462