Airtightness Master Class - This event has already finished
Mayville Community Centre, London N16 8NA
Sorry: this event is fully booked.
Mayville Community Centre
BRE and bere:architects have come together to bring you an airtightness master class.
BRE have a wealth of experience having been involved in airtightness testing, research and consultancy for nearly 30 years and bere:architects are award winning, certified Passivhaus designers who’s portfolio includes many projects that achieve the highest levels of airtightness, including the Mayville Community Centre.
This one day Master Class provides background information on airtightness, why it is important and the definitions of testing protocols n50 and q50 required for Building Regulation compliance and Passivhaus certification.
Practical sessions provide delegates with key information on how to plan the air barrier and how to achieve airtight junctions. Guidance is given on how to manage airtightness on site and the skill of bringing design and construction together to achieve excellent and practical results, including practical, hands-on sessions covering design detailing and a demonstration of an air leakage audit.
The Master Class is being held in the award winning Mayville Community Centre, originally built circa 1890, and is the first ultra low energy, Passivhaus retrofit community centre in the UK, being certified by the BRE. The venue offers an excellent opportunity to witness a Passivhaus first hand whilst speaking directly to those involved in the design and certification of the building.
- Welcome and introductions and presentation on Mayville Community Centre
- Background to airtightness – why it’s important
- The affects of air leakage
- Testing protocols n50 v q50 (Building Regulations v Passivhaus)
- Practical session
- Planning the airtightness layer
- Detailing junctions
- Practical session
- Airtightness management on site
- Airtightness in contracts
- £200.00+VAT (standard price)
- £180.00+VAT (discounted price for Passivhaus Trust members, please call 01923 664829 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code)
This course counts as 6 hours towards Continuing Professional Development.
For more information: