Integrated Material Profile and Costing Tool (IMPACT) training
BRE Academy Watford
Online price £400.00 per person , plus VAT.
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is the key framework (Life Cycle Thinking) for green building professionals to reduce environmental impacts over the lifetime of a building. 9am - 5pm
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is the key framework (Life Cycle Thinking) for green building professionals to reduce environmental impacts over the lifetime of a building.
9am - 5pm
What is this training about?
Carrying out an LCA contributes towards achieving credits in the BREEAM New Construction UK and International schemes.
This one-day training will provide participants with the understanding and skills required to perform a Life Cycle Assessment using the IMPACT (Integrated Material Profile And Costing Tool) database.
This will contribute to earning credits within the BREEAM Mat 01 Life cycle impacts and Man 02 Life cycle cost and service life planning issues.
The training will also provide an insight into the basics of “Life Cycle Thinking”, so that participants will have the confidence to sell these LCA services as part of their larger offering as consultants.
The course, delivered in partnership with Bionova, international experts of life-cycle performance, will cover the facts, tips and practical examples to support the achievement of the BREEAM LCA’s credits.
Why should I attend this training?
By attending you will learn how to calculate Life-Cycle based credits for BREEAM UK New Construction 2018 and 2014 and other BREEAM schemes, as well as the basics of Life Cycle Assessment and IMPACT.
BREEAM UK New Construction 2014, BREEAM International Refurbishment and Fit-Out 2015 and BREEAM New Construction International 2016 schemes include building life-cycle analysis based credits. BREEAM UK New Construction 2018 has significantly increased the weight of the life cycle assessment related credits.
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is a methodology that allows evaluating carbon and other environmental impacts over the entire lifespan of a building. This course introduces the key concepts and methods required to understand the basics of LCA; it also introduces the IMPACT database, which provides the necessary background data to analyse a building’s environmental impacts.
This course will explain:
- The requirements for earning the LCA credits in BREEAM
- How to quantify the impacts
- How to use existing design data and tools to earn these credits in an efficient manner
After attending you will be able to:
- Understand the industry standards and whole building life-cycle assessment / life-cycle cost methodology relevant to BREEAM;
- Understand the IMPACT database and how it can be used to generate information on different life-cycle impacts of a building over its whole lifetime;
- Use LCA and the IMPACT database to achieve Mat 01 Life-Cycle Impacts credits
- Employ day-to-day the design software to enable automated and efficient whole-building life-cycle assessment.
Attendees will also be granted an exclusive 30 days license for the IMPACT-compliant LCA software, One Click LCA developed by Bionova.
Who is the trainer?
Panu Pasanen is a world's leading Life Cycle Metrics expert with 15 years of practical LCA experience. Mr. Pasanen regularly trains hundreds of professionals and has been a speaker at many international conferences around the world on Life Cycle Assessment and Green Building certifications, as well as a consultant on LCA standardization and Climate Action.
- Whole building LCA & LCC – theory and standards
- Applications for building LCA (practical examples of real life cases)
- LCA for certifications: BREEAM UK NC, RFO and BREEAM Intl
- Preparing for LCA: collecting building information, using IMPACT database
- Calculation exercise, building LCA for BREEAM (using LCA tool)
- Calculation exercise, automated building LCA using day-to-day design tool data (using LCA tool)
This training is aimed at BREEAM consultants and designers working with BREEAM projects, who have limited or no experience on whole building LCA. The attendees are expected to be familiar with general concepts of the BREEAM rating system, as well as have an understanding of the typical construction methodologies for building structure and envelope and be familiar with the most common construction materials.
For more information:
+44 (0) 333 321 88 11