Fire Door Inspection Training
BRE Academy, Watford
Online price £345.00 per person , plus VAT.
Concern over fire door defects prompts new inspection training course A recent report by BRE for a local authority said that, "It was not possible to conclude that the fire doors would meet the required 30-minute fire resistance, due to a high level of defects"
Concern over fire door defects prompts new inspection training course
A recent report by BRE for a local authority said that, "It was not possible to conclude that the fire doors would meet the required 30-minute fire resistance, due to a high level of defects"
Inspection of fire doors is vital to ensuring that the appropriate products are installed to the proper standard and requires a high level of expertise and competence.
Working together, BRE and the Door and Hardware Federation (DHF) have developed a comprehensive one day training course that covers the important issues that must be addressed when conducting fire door inspections. The training is delivered in modular form and covers regulations, testing requirements, evidence performance, and issues specific to timber doors, steel doors and roller shutters.
- Thorough understanding of the regulations and standards applying to fire doors
- Knowledge of the different types of fire doors and their installation, repair and maintenance.
- Appreciation of the importance of critical components such as door closers and hinges
- Understanding of how to set up hinged doors to comply with disabled access requirements.
The day concludes with a short examination.
- £345.00 plus VAT
- A discount of 20% is available for LPCB approved companies for the 2nd and subsequent places. Please contact BRE Academy for a discount code.
This training course is aimed at anybody undertaking fire door inspections including Building Control Officers and Safety Inspectors, Insurers, Fire Risk Assessors, Fire Professionals, Facilities Managers.
Adam Heeley, Building Control Manager at Aylesbury Vale District Council says, “Whilst I know quite a bit about fire doors, this training brought all that information together and added the complexity of CE marking. The 40 minute test at the end of the course ensured we correctly understood it all. I’d recommend it to all involved with fire door inspection.”
To redeem a discount code, please enter it into the “promotional code” box available at checkout
For more information:
+44 (0) 333 321 88 11