BREEAM Accredited Professional Training & Examination - This event has already finished
BRE Academy Approved Centre - Belgium
Online Learning and 1 day Workshop/Examination.
Online Learning and 1 day Workshop/Examination.
After successfully completing this training course and examination, delegates will become qualified BREEAM Accredited Professional (AP). As a BREEAM AP delegates will be able to support project teams to deliver their sustainability goals and influence how a development will meet BREEAM targets.
Learning outcomes and benefits:
This qualification enables you to work across the relevant BREEAM schemes as a sustainability professional.
Delegates completing all aspects of this course will learn the role of the AP and what a development needs to do in order to meet BREEAM targets and sustainability goals. Delegates will learn the need to facilitate projects teams to schedule activities, set priorities and negotiate the trade-offs required to achieve the target BREEAM rating when the development is formally assessed.
Once qualified, a BREEAM AP can help developments achieve up to six BREEAM credits dependent on the schemes that they are working on. They are recognised throughout the industry as a sustainability champion who can:
- Encourage an integrated design and construction process
- Use BREEAM as a framework to establish, agree and achieve the desired level of sustainability performance for a development
The qualification and annual membership recognises an individual’s ability to provide expert advice on how projects should achieve their sustainability goals and performance.
This course has been designed to allow suitably experienced construction professionals who have a good knowledge of environmental design and the design process to deliver new construction and refurbishment buildings to meet BREEAM.
There are three aspects to this course:
- Interactive online modules
- A classroom based workshop
- An examination
1. Online training
The online pre-workshop modules must be completed prior to attending the workshop, to enable delegates to have the best chance to pass the examination. The online modules cover:
- The role of a BREEAM AP
- Background and scope of BREEAM
- BREEAM Assessment methodology
- BREEAM schemes technical content
- Decision timeline
- Decision priorities
After completing the online modules, delegates will attend a workshop followed by an examination. The workshop will allow delegates to apply and share their expertise in a series of individual and team exercises. The workshop will cover:
- Making a case for Sustainability and BREEAM
- Decision Making
- Comparison on costs per percentage point basis
In order to become a BREEAM AP, delegates will need to pass an examination. This takes place at the end of the workshop and includes one 60 Minute multiple choice examination
- 1.900 EUR (BTW incl.) (workshop/examination) plus 400 EUR (BTW incl.) (subscription payment*)
- 1.400 EUR (BTW incl.) (workshop/examination - discounted price for Licensed BREEAM Assessors excluding BREEAM Communities) plus 400 EUR (BTW incl.) (subscription payment*)
Please note: no VAT will be charged if the training takes place outside of the UK.
* Subscription Payment - Subsequent annual renewal fee for all BREEAM APs is payable on successful completion of the two exams. This maintains the Green Book Live listing, access to the BREEAM Extranet and maintenance of CPD – this is a requirement of maintaining your AP status. Please note the first subscription must be paid within the first 6 months on successful completion of the two exams.
** VAT will only be charged for training courses taking place within the UK.
Architects, Engineers and others with demonstrable design skills and responsibilities who want to specialise in BREEAM.
Pre requisites of attending this course
Delegates need to:
- Hold a recognised academic or vocational qualification in a relevant built environment discipline
- Have at least three years post graduate (or equivalent) professional experience working in a role covering the sustainability of the built environment. Candidates will ideally have design team involvement on a number of projects where sustainability was part of the project brief e.g. a target to achieve at least BREEAM Excellence for the completed design
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental design / integrated design with an appreciation of life cycle assessment and cost analysis
- A minimum level of work experience and on-the-job training can be considered as alternatives to formal qualification
If you wish to book a place please provide Blue Planet Academy and Consulting with a copy of your current CV to demonstrate your experience. On confirmation of your eligibility for the course, you will be required to fill in a booking form which will need to be completed and returned to us before your place is confirmed.
For more information:
Blue Planet Academy and Consulting
+32 2 740 43 71
To place your booking or for more information please visit