BREEAM In-Use International and UK Assessor Training - This event has already finished (alternative dates are available)
BRE Academy Watford
|18 - 19 October||Paris, France||Limited availability|
|31 October - 1 November||BRE Wales, Swansea||Available|
|13 - 14 November||BRE Academy, Watford||Available|
|18 - 19 January||BRE Academy, Watford||Available|
|19 - 20 March||BRE Academy, Watford||Available|
|14 - 15 May||Poland||Available|
BREEAM In-Use is designed to help building managers and owners reduce the running costs and improve the environmental performance of existing buildings. The scheme uses an assessment tool that can be completed by building managers and owners to self-assess their buildings. These self-assessments have to be audited by independent BREEAM In-Use assessors before certification can be granted.
To become a BREEAM In-Use assessor you need to complete the online learning, attend a two day course, pass the examination and take out a BREEAM In-Use licence. To become licensed, assessors are required to hold professional indemnity insurance. For more information please see our FAQ page.
BREEAM in-Use can be used to assess assets worldwide and has already been used in over 25 countries.
There are two possible entry routes for this course
Currently qualified BRE Global assessors of one of the following:
- Code for Sustainable Homes,
- Fire Risk
- Energy Assessor schemes.
Those with at least two years full time experience (within the last five years) in one or more of the following professions:
- Building surveying
- Building regulatory (control) services
- Facilities management
- Product or manufacturing auditing
- Certification experience
- Environmental/Energy background
This course is a combination of online learning and a two day classroom workshop
This is to be completed by all delegates. The estimated minimum study time needed is up to 25 hours. The content will include:
- The background to BREEAM and the context for BREEAM In-Use
- The assessment methodology
- The roles in BREEAM In Use
Two day classroom workshop content:
- The certification process
- Evidence gathering
- Audit verification
- Scheme rules
- Quality assurance
- Candidates will apply and share their expertise in a series of individual and team exercises
- 1 x 60 minute BREEAM In-Use examination.
Please note that if you wish to become a licensed BREEAM In-Use assessor you will need to submit an application form for licence after you have successfully passed the examination.
On successful completion of the course and the examinations you will be issued with notification that verifies your BREEAM Assessor qualification. You will then be required to apply to BRE Global Ltd to become a Licenced BREEAM Assessor under the Scheme in order to practice. You must make this application within 12 months of completing the course.
To practice as a licenced BREEAM Assessor you will be required to pay an annual licence fee and hold adequate levels of professional insurance, particularly professional indemnity insurance. Further information on the route to becoming a licenced BREEAM Assessor can be found atwww.breeam.com
This training course is specifically designed for built environment professionals that have a background either as an assessor in a BRE Global Scheme, or those with a background in the management and operation of the buildings:
- For BRE Global Assessors, when booking please enter your BRE registration number. Failure to do so will result in your booking being refused.
- For those with 2 years’ experience in building surveying, building regulatory (control) services, facilities management, product or manufacturing auditing, certification experience, environmental/energy background ; when booking you will be required to provide BRE with a copy of your CV to demonstrate your experience. Please have this ready to send. If we do not receive this your booking will be refused.
15% discount (for full fee paying delegates) is applicable to IGBC members for training in Dublin. To redeem a discount code, please enter it into the “promotional code” box available at checkout
For more information:
+44 (0) 333 321 88 11