BIM training stage 1: BIM Fundamentals
Stage 1 of our BIM Level 2 training pathway.
BIM Fundamentals training course summary
This is the foundation course, or Stage 1, of our BIM Level 2 training pathway. BIM Level 2 Fundamentals provides the fundamental knowledge essential for understanding the terminology, technology and principles of BIM Level 2 and is therefore a prerequisite for all subsequent BIM training.
The course runs over two days and costs £785 (exc. VAT). See available dates & book your BIM Level 2 Fundamentals training with the BRE Academy now.
BIM Level 2 fundamentals course details
The BRE Academy and Avanti (author of BIM Level 2 process standards Mervyn Richards OBE) help you understand the benefits of BIM to your company and help you meet the UK Government BIM (Level 2) requirements
This course covers the basics of BIM processes, procedures, information models, management and collaboration. We will support you to achieve an understanding of the Government’s approach to BIM, how the benefits of BIM can enable step change and can be realised in your organisation.
Who is this course for?
Design, construction, project and facility management professionals seeking a solid practical foundation in BIM Level 2.
What you will learn:
- Global and industry Challenges which BIM addresses
- UK Government Construction Strategy and ‘BIM’ Level 2 requirements
- National and Industry Standards related to BIM
- The role of Project and Asset Information Models
- Information Management Roles in the standard (PAS1192-2:2013)
- Managing Project Information – creating processes and procedures
- The Information Delivery Cycle and how it works in practice (PAS1192-2:2013)
- The Collaborative Production of Information - creating processes and procedures
- Overview of the Common Data Environment (BS1192:2007)
- The commercial impact for your contracts and insurance
BRE Academy BIM Membership
After successful completion of the BIM Level 2 Fundamentals examination you can register as a BIM Member, a badge of recognition that highlights your training and shows your commitment to realising the benefits of BIM.
As a member of the BRE Academy, you will receive benefits such as training discounts, free webinars, access to an online CPD portal, 3 months free membership of BuildingSMART, discounts on various BRE services and access to the BRE Academy Members LinkedIn group.
What next after this training?
You will be able to continue your learning and development journey in BIM through undertaking the next stage of the BRE Academy BIM training - the Project Information Manager and Task Information Manager course, and go on to become a BIM Certificated Practitioner where you will be able to add value and provide the highest level of service to your clients.