Supporting re-growth and regeneration in Wales
BRE Wales is a multi-disciplinary team providing sustainable building consultancy and research throughout Wales, the South West and beyond. Our main areas of expertise include: Code/BREEAM, PassivHaus, Refurbishment, Renewable Energy and Site Waste Management, Thermal Modelling and Training.
Current projects include:
- Working with Welsh Housing Associations and developers pioneering the first generation of zero carbon housing on the Welsh Future Homes Project Wales.
- Refurbishing ‘hard to treat' dwellings to the highest possible standards.
- Developing renewable energy strategies for the Heads of Valleys region, individual developments and refurbishment projects.
- Creating a Sustainable Building web Portal for the Welsh Assembly Government.
- Developing a green architects register and training programmes
- Developing low carbon design and decision tools and software
- Working with academic institutions and industry in collaborative research projects at local, national and European level.
- Thermal modelling of bespoke timber framed glazing systems
- Running a PassivHaus design competition in conjunction with a local housing association
- Operating the National Solar Centre in Cornwall