Crime risk management consultancy
Professional crime reduction/crime prevention services
The Crime Risk Management Team provides independent and professional crime reduction/crime prevention services.
Crime, disorder and fear reduce quality of life and pose a threat to sustainable communities. We carry out detailed scientific assessments and draw up action plans to reduce or remove crime and disorder problems. We provide a complete one-stop package of solutions that are carefully tailored to meet the client's needs.
Our team of crime research experts provide the following specialist services:
- Identification and management of crime risks
- Crime and disorder reduction techniques
- Crime Opportunity Profiling of Streets (COPS) and Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED), which has fed into our recently-produced Safe Town Centres at Night toolkit, available as a free download (see 'downloads' box)
- Tackling drug and alcohol abuse
- Evaluation of projects, systems and programmes against set objectives.
- Research to improve delivery of services or new strategies.
We offer a wide range of professional research, training and consultancy services to tackle crime, disorder, and fear of crime. We have a strong record in crime risk management, designing-out crime and delivering community safety projects, to create sustainable, safe, secure and pleasant places for people to live, work and travel through.