Dr Deborah Pullen MBE CEng FIMMM FCSaP
BRE Group Research Director
Deborah is the BRE Group Research Director, responsible for the Research Strategy and the current research and learning Programmes delivered by BRE, its strategic research partnerships and University Centres of Excellence. This also includes the BRE Trust Future Cities programme, which now has over 70 partners from academia, industry and public sector with a collective value of £20M.
Deborah has a BSc(Hons) in Materials Science, a PhD in polymer chemistry, is a Chartered Engineer and a Fellow of the Institute of Materials. Deborah has spent the last 20 years leading research teams and business units focused on the manufacture and use of high performance polymer materials in government and private sector organisations across a range of industries including defence, aerospace, oil & gas, transport and medical. Over the last 10 years Deborah has also set up and led a number of knowledge transfer networks and was awarded an MBE in 2014 in recognition of her work in innovation and knowledge transfer in the Built Environment.
In 2012 Deborah successfully completed a Post-Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Business and is also now a Fellow at the Centre for Science and Policy at the University of Cambridge.
Deborah’s affiliations include:
- UKTI Construction Industry Steering Group and Smart Cities Task Group,
- IOM3 Construction Materials Group,
- CIOB Research & Innovation Group,
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Engineering Strategic Advisory team,
- UK National Platform for the Built Environment
- Green Construction Board ‘Greening’ task group
- Board member of the European Network for Building Research Institutes (ENBRI)
- Chair of the AIRTO Task Group for the Built Environment