Fire toxicity assessment
Testing, measurement and impact of fire products
Toxic fire products are major causes of:
- injury and death in fires
- environmental contamination and health hazards
- damage to buildings through corrosion and contamination.
Assessment of fire effluent chemistry and toxicity may be required for:
- product life cycle evaluation
- hazard and risk assessment including performance-based design
- evaluation of post-fire contamination including decisions for replacement/refurbishment of smoke damaged items.
Our world-leading experts in fire chemistry, toxicity, and human behaviour are at the forefront of the development of National and International standards in the field.
We offer the following services:
- comprehensive testing for combustion toxicity, toxic hazard and risk assessment
- standard and ad-hoc tests, both small and full-scale
- comprehensive chemical and physical measurements
- measurement of chemical contamination from fire and evaluation of the associated problems of plume dispersal and environmental impact of fire products
- modelling of toxic hazard and risk.
Service provided by BRE Global Ltd