BRE Site Outline Planning Application
On March 20th, 2012 BRE submitted an outline planning application to St Albans City and District Council for the demolition of a number of redundant buildings and the construction of up to 100 homes on the northern part of its site. The reference number for this outline application is: 5/2012/0819. The application was withdrawn after consultees raised a number of issues that could only be addressed with a revised application.
A new application will be submitted imminently which will seek to address these issues.
St Albans City and District Council will issue a revised reference number and will publish the application documents on its website where they can be viewed.
Once the application has been formally registered by the council, key application documents and on-going updates will also be available via this webpage.
Figure 1 below highlights some of the key features of the new application.
The plan will allow us to:
- Group our operations into a smaller area of land and reduce our operating costs
- Improve our current buildings and facilities and ensure we continue to be a world class organisation providing local employment
- Provide flexible, modern facilities in tune with the expertise within the company and the expectations of our clients and employees
- Reduce the environmental and maintenance costs associated with underused and redundant buildings
- Respond to local needs and provide a platform for closer working with our neighbours