Testing building systems and materials
We pride ourselves on being able to provide the answer to virtually any construction-related testing question.Backed by an extraordinary range of facilities - some of which are listed below - our experts test individual materials and products, building systems, engineering structures and whole buildings, using both well established methods and bespoke research tests and simulations. We typically test against published standards, but can develop dedicated procedures for new, unique or innovative products.
Our testing services are supported by expert consultancy and research capabilities, and include:
Expert witness - technical legal support services for when things go wrong.
Research and development testing - often as part of innovation projects.
Our unique range of test facilities includes:
- Two atmospheric boundary layer wind tunnels in which natural wind can be simulated for environments ranging from open country to city centres
- One of the largest anechoic chambers in Europe and a well equipped acoustics laboratory
- HVAC laboratories, including heat pump test facilities and environmental test chambers for full scale mock-up testing of internal environments and HVAC systems
- The largest burn hall in Europe and other very extensive fire and security test facilities
- A wide range of testing facilities related to performance of timber and timber engineering, concrete, stone and other traditional and innovative construction materials and components
- Large-scale structural test facilities.