Microrenewable Energy Overview
This one day course will deal with the latest thinking on low carbon technologies, focusing on the type of technology currently being used within the UK and drawing upon case study demonstrations.
Micro-generation is the production of heat and/or electricity on a small-scale from a low carbon source. Micro-generation technologies can play a major role in tackling climate change, ensuring security of supply and contributing towards a buildings low carbon strategy.
This workshop will give delegates an overview of these technologies and current thinking, including:
- the benefits of microgeneration
- provision of clean energy from renewable sources
- local ownership of power supply
- energy provision in off-grid locations
- security of supply and free from risks of terrorist attack
- systems connected to the national grid in order to sell excess power
- removing the inefficiencies associated with the centralised model of power generation