BRE Global Ltd - Technical Consultant, BREEAM (Technical Support)
BRE Global’s Sustainability Group is responsible for developing, maintaining and managing BREEAM, the world leading standard for the assessment and certification of buildings.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated, highly knowledgeable and customer focused professional to develop their career at BRE as a key member of the team responsible for providing technical support to UK and international BREEAM users and specifiers.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- Providing highly technical BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes related advice and support to clients, assessors, design teams and other stakeholders and colleagues, in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensuring all technical advice is consistent and delivered in accordance with our service level agreements, UKAS accredited procedures and technical and operational scheme requirements.
- Assist business group managers with the development of new services and systems to ensure the efficient delivery of technical services to the required standards.
- Liaise with BRE Global’s customer services, technical and certification team managers and members to ensure delivery is maintained at agreed service levels.
- Provide technical support to the BREEAM quality assurance and certification process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes supporting knowledge base and scheme documentation.
- Support the development of BREEAM related CPD and assessor training material.
The role requires a professional with a keen eye for detail and extensive experience and knowledge of the design and procurement of buildings, with construction experience an advantage. As such the right candidate will have:
- A proven ability to review and interpret design/building related technical information and data.
- A proven ability to make sound judgements on, and offer technically accurate and timely responses to, complex technical enquiries.
- A degree in architecture, building, building services, environmental or civil engineering.
- At least five years experience working within the UK construction industry on the design, procurement and/or construction or facilities management of buildings.
- Knowledge and experience of the BREEAM assessment process and its technical requirements, ideally gleaned as a qualified BREEAM assessor or through involvement with BREEAM on a number of projects.
- In-depth technical knowledge of buildings and building regulations, the design and construction process, environmental impacts and ideally energy use in buildings.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Membership to a professional institution (i.e. RIBA, RICS, IEMA, CIBSE) would be beneficial.
BRE Global Ltd, part of the BRE Group of companies, is an independent, third-party approvals organisation, offering certification of products, services and systems to an international market. The internationally renowned BRE Group of companies provide a complete range of consultancy, testing, certification, commissioned research and training services covering all aspects of the built environment.To apply:
Please email a covering letter and CV with salary information explaining why you feel you are suitable for this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference: BREG/TC/TB
Closing date : 31/8/2012