BRE Global Ltd - Senior Consultant - Fire Research
BRE Global Limited (part of the BRE Group), based near Watford, is a world leading independent third party approvals body offering certification of fire, security and sustainability products and services to an international market. BRE Global has extensive and unique world class facilities for research into any aspect of fire protection and performance in support of the design of buildings, transportation systems and infrastructure to deliver solutions that protect people, property and the environment.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our team of experts undertaking research and research-based consultancy services for a wide range of clients in both the commercial and public sectors.
The position lies within BRE Global’s Fire Safety business area which is the main focus for our fire research and other fire related consultancy services.
The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge and experience in fire research, including some knowledge of Building Regulations, Codes and Standards with demonstrable in depth knowledge of fire dynamics and fire science.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Lead the development of the fire research income stream
- Demonstrate a commercial approach to the research needs of clients.
- Develop a network of contacts including external clients, sub contractors and various funding agencies to identify new business and funding opportunities.
- Lead and organise our response to tenders for research.
- Secure, deliver and grow the fire research and research-based consultancy. business by delivering independent, robust, authoritative scientific evidence.
- Provide support and lead colleagues on fire research related areas of expertise.
- Provide support and lead fire safety consultancy projects.
Essential requirements include:
- At least 3 years postgraduate research experience in a science or engineering discipline
- Fire related qualification(s)
- Good commercial understanding
- Leadership skills
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Excellent numeric, written/verbal communication and presentation skills (fully conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Self motivated and focussed
- Able to manage own time and prioritise workloads effectively
- Willing and able to learn new skills and apply them as and when projects require
Please email a covering letter and CV with salary information explaining why you feel you are suitable for this role, to email@example.com quoting the reference: BREG/SC/DS
Closing date : 15/8/2012