BRE Ltd - Membership Manager - Future Thinking & Partnerships
BRE Future Thinking & Partnerships is looking for a motivated Membership Manager to take forward, among other things, the creation of a BRE Membership Scheme alongside the integration of a National BRE Awards programme and BRE Trust Innovation Index supported by a new BRE Innovation Network.
The position will report directly to the Future Thinking & Partnerships Director and will provide dedicated pan BRE leadership to the creation and integration of these four strategic initiatives.
Through the creation of a new Pan BRE Group initiative the BRE membership will:
- - Pull together the divisions of the group under one umbrella programme
- - Generate revenue
- - Create a customer membership scheme which customers didn't even realise they needed until they found it. (Create the need)
- - Become the most recognised and valued membership scheme in the sector.
Working in partnership with colleagues from across BRE to create and manage the delivery of a new industry annual Awards programme. The BRE Awards will include categories from the winners of the BRE Trust Innovation Index and genuinely represent BRE's unique position in delivering a sustainable built environment.
BRE Trust Innovation Index:
Innovation is increasingly recognised as important in delivering business growth, productivity, customer benefits and delivery sustainability; yet without measuring innovation it cannot be managed. It is therefore proposed to establish (with appropriate external partners) an Index to define and measure innovation, and thereby drive effective behaviour across industry. All parts of the construction supply chain will stand to benefit from developing innovation best practice, leading to enhanced growth and profits; customers will benefit from better solutions; and society will benefit from a more sustainable built environment.
BRE Innovation Network:
In parallel to creating the BRE Trust Innovation Index, Future Thinking & Partnerships recognises there to be a benefit to industry of the creation of an Innovation Network. This will provide Innovation Directors etc with an opportunity to share knowledge, best practice and engage in productive debate on market dynamics which affect innovation. Network members will come from across the sector from innovative product supply through to engaging with intelligent clients regarding integrating innovative working practises and technologies into schemes.
We expect this newly-created role to evolve over time to benefit both the individual and the business needs. We are looking for a capable and personable individual, with genuine interest and expertise in creating new initiatives and delivering industry change through memberships and networks.
Principal Tasks will include:
- To create and deliver the BRE membership scheme to agreed deliverables
- To create and project manage the delivery of the BRE Awards programme to agreed deliverables
- To create and project manage the delivery of the BRE Trust innovation Index to agreed deliverables
- To create and deliver the BRE innovation Network to agreed deliverables
Additional Tasks will include:
- To identify and win opportunities for the BRE group to support industry and government to deliver a step change in best practice recognition and knowledge transfer
- Manage existing and new membership partners and ensure expectations are met both internally and externally
- Ensuring through effective leadership and programme management that BRE through the four initiatives is recognised as the leading provider of knowledge and industry recognition
- To ensure regular and effective feedback is provided to both internal and external project stakeholders to ensure consistent clarity across teams
- To identify and develop spin off opportunities from all four initiatives through the development of proposals ensuring the Standard BRE processes are followed
- Through effective and timely project management ensuring the BRE finance system recognises the status of proposals, contracts and ongoing projects
- To understand the value of the entire Future Thinking & Partnerships network and work to benefit network members through the creation of funded research / collaboration / dissemination opportunities
- To connect forward thinking private sector organisations together in collaborative research initiatives to support the effective delivery of all four initiatives
- To provide day to day sustainability and general support to the Future thinking & Partnerships team and wider across other BRE networks, specifically across Centre 300 and 301 to ensure the right teams are delivering across the business on time and to budget.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Experienced programme management
- Excellent communicator
- Good mediation skills and experience
- Capability to understand technical issues while understanding audience requirements
- Ability to demonstrate BRE and the BRE Trust's independent position as data provider, support organisation, business catalyst and recogniser of best practice.
- Ability to simplify and understand a wide range of complex issues and find collaborative holistic solutions
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and also to provide detailed considered focus when required
Please email a covering letter and CV including salary information, explaining why you feel you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference: BREG/MM/AS.
Closing date : 24/2/2012