About the BRE Watford Innovation Park
BRE Innovation Park Watford is home to some of the world’s most sustainable buildings, landscape designs and hundreds of innovative low carbon materials and technologies.
Since opening in 2005, BRE Innovation Park Watford has continued to attract thousands of visitors – 60,000 at the last count – including royalty, prime ministers and TV crews.
“The Innovation Park is much more than a collection of clever and sustainable buildings. It is a showcase of our evolving approach to integrated design which includes the use of passive technology and ecosystem services.”
People come to see how emerging and innovative approaches to sustainable design and construction are improving the built environment. Partners join us to test their technologies and capabilities in a collaborative, live environment that allows them to showcase their work.
Collectively we want to reduce carbon emissions, impacts on the environment, while improving the quality of buildings and the lives of people.
BRE Innovation Park at a glance
- A low to zero carbon demonstration community
- An outstanding showcase of innovative construction and technologies
- A look at sustainable buildings and communities of the future
- An educational facility supporting delivery of the National Curriculum for local schools
- A unique venue for events and away days
- A networking and knowledge exchange hub
- A test-bed for innovative ideas and products, including those which have not yet reached the marketplace
- A gateway to BRE’s world-leading expert advice, testing and certification