BREEAM 2011 UK New Construction Assessor Training Course - This event has already finished
This is a four day course which incorporates all building types covered under the BREEAM New Construction 2011 scheme and is for New Assessors Only. The fourth day of the training takes place 4 weeks after the inital 3 day training course - 7 August 2012
The fourth day of the training takes place 4 weeks after the inital 3 day training course - 7 August 2012
Are you interested in sustainable buildings, looking for a new career or adding to your current portfolio to improve the quality of the built environment? If so we are running a four day training course (including examination) on BREEAM New Construction 2011 the standard for new non domestic buildings. BREEAM is the world's leading environmental methodology. The training will introduce you to BREEAM, and the assessment process.
Delivered through a mixture of pre-course learning, presentations, workshops and exercises, delegates will be taken on a journey through the BREEAM assessment process gradually building up their knowledge and confidence towards becoming an assessor.
Successful delegates will emerge qualified to undertake BREEAM assessments of new non domestic buildings leading to BREEAM certification.
Key learning outcomes from the course:
- Understanding the role of the assessor
- Approaching assessment with the mindset of an assessor
- The technical aspects common to all building types covered by the New Construction scheme.
- The technical aspects specific to some non domestic building types
- The assessment process and support structures in place for the scheme and assessors
The fourth day is the exam day which will start by taking the delegates through the post construction assessment process and give them an opportunity to address any questions they might have before taking the 2 course exams necessary to gain the BREEAM Assessor qualification.
This course requires completion of pre-course work followed by an assessment of competence before delegates can come and participate in the training; therefore the last booking date for this course will be 3rd July to allow delegates enough time to complete this pre-course work.
The course fee includes all material including a copy of the BREEAM New Construction 2011 Technical Guide and the exams. All candidates completing the course will receive a CPD certificate.
- The price of thefour day course is £1995 plus VAT (including the examinations)
- If you wish to become a licensed assessor please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for our licence fees
Lunch and refreshments are included in the price.
BREEAM New Construction 2011 Examination
To qualify as a BREEAM assessor you will need to complete and pass the two examinations taken in succession on the afternoon of the fourth day. Please note that it is a requirement that once qualified your organisation must hold a BREEAM licence agreement in order to offer and carry out BREEAM assessments. A copy of the BREEAM Licence Agreement is available from BREEAM@bre.co.uk. Licenses are grouped into Public and Commercial, you will be required to hold the correct licence to assess the building type you wish to assess.
- designing or specifying buildings for low environmental impact
- delivering BREEAM environmental assessments, and
- satisfying professional CPD requirements and gaining a recognised qualification at the same time.
For more information:
BRE Global Training & Events team
+44 (0) 1923 664462