BREEAM Accredited Professional Training & Examination
Online Learning and 1 day Workshop/Examination.
Online Learning and 1 day Workshop/Examination.
|19 June||BRE Scotland, Glasgow||Limited availability|
|29 June||BRE Academy, Watford||Available|
|14 August||BRE Academy, Watford||Available|
|28 September||BRE Academy, Watford||Available|
|9 October||Paris, France||Available|
|10 October||BRE Scotland, Glasgow||Available|
|30 October||BRE Academy, Watford||Available|
After successfully completing this training course and examination, delegates will become qualified BREEAM Accredited Professional (AP). As a BREEAM AP delegates will be able to support project teams to deliver their sustainability goals and influence how a development will meet BREEAM targets.
Learning outcomes and benefits:
This qualification enables you to work across the relevant BREEAM schemes as a sustainability professional.
Delegates completing all aspects of this course will learn the role of the AP and what a development needs to do in order to meet BREEAM targets and sustainability goals. Delegates will learn the need to facilitate projects teams to schedule activities, set priorities and negotiate the trade-offs required to achieve the target BREEAM rating when the development is formally assessed.
Once qualified, a BREEAM AP can help developments achieve up to six BREEAM credits dependent on the schemes that they are working on. They are recognised throughout the industry as a sustainability champion who can:
- Encourage an integrated design and construction process
- Use BREEAM as a framework to establish, agree and achieve the desired level of sustainability performance for a development
The qualification and annual membership recognises an individual’s ability to provide expert advice on how projects should achieve their sustainability goals and performance.
This course has been designed to allow suitably experienced construction professionals who have a good knowledge of environmental design and the design process to deliver new construction and refurbishment buildings to meet BREEAM.
There are three aspects to this course:
- Interactive online modules
- A classroom based workshop
- An examination
1. Online training
The online pre-workshop modules must be completed prior to attending the workshop, to enable delegates to have the best chance to pass the examination. The online modules cover:
- The role of a BREEAM AP
- Background and scope of BREEAM
- BREEAM Assessment methodology
- BREEAM schemes technical content
- Decision timeline
- Decision priorities
After completing the online modules, delegates will attend a workshop followed by an examination. The workshop will allow delegates to apply and share their expertise in a series of individual and team exercises. The workshop will cover:
- Making a case for Sustainability and BREEAM
- Decision Making
- Comparison on costs per percentage point basis
In order to become a BREEAM AP, delegates will need to pass an examination. This takes place at the end of the workshop and includes one 60 Minute multiple choice examination
- £1,175.00 per person plus VAT* (covers online modules, workshop and examination for non BREEAM Assessors)
- £875.00 per person plus VAT* (for Licensed BREEAM Assessors)
- 15% discount (for full fee paying delegates) is applicable to all RIBA, CIAT & CIBSE members and IGBC members for training in Dublin
BREEAM AP Subscription
An annual subscription fee of £250 +VAT* is applicable for all BREEAM APs.
This is payable on successful completion of the exam. This maintains a Green Book Live listing, access to the BREEAM Extranet and maintenance of CPD – this is a requirement of maintaining your AP status.
Please note the first subscription must be paid within the first 6 months on successful completion of the exam.
* VAT will only be charged for training courses taking place within the UK.
Architects, Engineers and others with demonstrable design skills and responsibilities who want to specialise in BREEAM.
Pre requisites of attending this course
Delegates need to:
- Hold a recognised academic or vocational qualification in a relevant built environment discipline
- Have at least three years post graduate (or equivalent) professional experience working in a role covering the sustainability of the built environment. Candidates will ideally have design team involvement on a number of projects where sustainability was part of the project brief e.g. a target to achieve at least BREEAM Excellence for the completed design
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental design / integrated design with an appreciation of life cycle assessment and cost analysis
- A minimum level of work experience and on-the-job training can be considered as alternatives to formal qualification
Delegates will be required to submit a CV with the above information prior to booking this course.
On confirmation of your eligibility for the course, you will be required to fill in a booking form which will need to be completed and returned to us before your place is confirmed.
For more information:
+44 (0) 333 321 88 11