BREEAM In-Use International and UK Assessor Training - This event has already finished (alternative dates are available)
BRE Academy Watford
Two day BREEAM In-Use assessor training course
Two day BREEAM In-Use assessor training course
|25 - 26 May||BRE Academy Watford||Available|
|6 - 7 June||Poland||Available|
|14 - 15 June||Exeter||Limited availability|
|13 - 14 July||BRE Academy, Watford||Available|
BREEAM In-Use is designed to help building managers and owners reduce the running costs and improve the environmental performance of existing buildings. The scheme uses an assessment tool that can be completed by building managers and owners to self-assess their buildings. These self-assessments have to be audited by independent BREEAM In-Use assessors before certification can be granted.
To become a BREEAM In-Use assessor you need to complete the online learning, attend a two day course, pass the examination and take out a BREEAM In-Use licence. To become licensed, assessors are required to hold professional indemnity insurance. For more information please see our FAQ page.
BREEAM in-Use can be used to assess assets worldwide and has already been used in over 25 countries.
There are two possible entry routes for this course
Currently qualified BRE Global assessors of one of the following:
- Code for Sustainable Homes,
- Fire Risk
- Energy Assessor schemes.
Those with at least two years full time experience (within the last five years) in one or more of the following professions:
- Building surveying
- Building regulatory (control) services
- Facilities management
- Product or manufacturing auditing
- Certification experience
- Environmental/Energy background
BREEAM Membership opportunity:
After successful completion of this course you can register as a BREEAM Member with the BRE Academy. The BRE Academy BREEAM Membership is a badge of recognition that highlights your level of knowledge and shows your commitment to realising the benefits of BREEAM.
As a member, you will join a group of growing and experienced individuals across a variety of areas within the built environment.
Specific benefits you will be able to take advantage of include discounts on BRE Academy training courses, FREE monthly webinars and exclusive discounted BRE services. Find our more information about BRE Academy membership to see if you qualify!
This course is a combination of online learning and a two day classroom workshop
This is to be completed by all delegates. The estimated minimum study time needed is up to 25 hours. The content will include:
- The background to BREEAM and the context for BREEAM In-Use
- The assessment methodology
- The roles in BREEAM In Use
Two day classroom workshop content:
- The certification process
- Evidence gathering
- Audit verification
- Scheme rules
- Quality assurance
- Candidates will apply and share their expertise in a series of individual and team exercises
- 1 x 60 minute BREEAM In-Use examination.
Please note that if you wish to become a licensed BREEAM In-Use assessor you will need to submit an application form for licence after you have successfully passed the examination.
Please note that once qualified, to offer and carryout BREEAM assessments through to certification you or your organisation must hold the relevant BREEAM licence. To become licensed, all assessors/assessor organisations are required to hold a minimum level of professional indemnity insurance. Furthermore, depending on the scheme chosen, there may be an annual fee payable to BRE Global to hold the required BREEAM licence. For more information please see our FAQ page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To undertake assessments/audits for individual BREEAM schemes you will need to take out a separate licence for each. If you wish to become a licenced BREEAM assessor/auditor then please contact us at: email@example.com for our licence fees.
This training course is specifically designed for built environment professionals that have a background either as an assessor in a BRE Global Scheme, or those with a background in the management and operation of the buildings:
- For BRE Global Assessors, when booking please enter your BRE registration number. Failure to do so will result in your booking being refused.
- For those with 2 years’ experience in building surveying, building regulatory (control) services, facilities management, product or manufacturing auditing, certification experience, environmental/energy background ; when booking you will be required to provide BRE with a copy of your CV to demonstrate your experience. Please have this ready to send. If we do not receive this your booking will be refused.
To redeem a discount code, please enter it into the “promotional code” box available at checkout
For more information:
+44 (0) 333 321 88 11