How to get to BRE
To avoid issues caused by errors in some sat nav systems, please print off the relevant map and driving directions here:
- Printable map and directions to BRE Watford (and Watford Innovation Park) (Sat Nav – use WD25 9NH)
- Printable map and directions to BRE Scotland (Our offices at East Kilbride, Glasgow)
- Printable map and directions to BRE Wales (Our new Swansea offices)
- Printable map and directions to BRE Innovation Park, Ravenscraig
Sustainable routes to BRE Watford
- By train (mainline services)
- The nearest mainline station to BRE Watford is Watford Junction, on the London Euston – Birmingham line. Services are operated by London Midland and Virgin Trains. See below for routes from the station. Local taxi services are available from the station to BRE.
- By bus and foot (from Watford Junction Station)
- View the local bus timetable (PDF file) for the Arriva 321 service which travels beween Watford Junction station and St. Albans and passes nearby to BRE (ask for the St.Michael's School stop). Directions and a route map from the 321 bus stop to BRE's main entrance (10 minute walk).
- Using the 'Abbey Line' local service between Watford Junction and St Albans Abbey station
- By prior arrangement only, you may access BRE via the site's back gate, which is a 15 minute walk from Bricket Wood Station on the Abbey Line service. Please make sure your contact at BRE has told our security team that you will be arriving this way. See the local Abbey Line train timetable and walking map and directions. When you reach the BRE back gate, please press the intercom to speak with security staff. You will need to provide them with the name of your BRE contact to access the site. (Sorry but there is no visitor vehicle access at this gate)
- Travelling by Bike to BRE Watford...
- For those keen to further reduce their carbon footprint these routes on the Bikely website provide maps and directions for cyclists travelling from Watford Junction Station and Garston Station to the BRE Watford site. Upon arrival at the main gate security staff can provide you with a visitors site map with the location of onsite bike parking, showers and changing facilities, which you are welcome to use.
Using Satnav or online route planners
An important note about the BRE Watford postcode
Entering the BRE postcode, WD25 9XX into older satellite navigation or some online route planner sites may try to take you to the rear of our site (via Mount Pleasant Lane and Bucknalls Drive), from where there is no vehicle access for visitors or deliveries. To prevent this, enter the postcode as WD25 9NH. This will take you to Bucknalls Lane, Watford – BRE is towards the end of this residential street, just after crossing a bridge over the M1 motorway. For clear directions, download our PDF map.
Health and safety information for contractors working at BRE
Contractors coming to the BRE Watford site may wish to download this pamphlet in advance of arriving to understand the H&S procedures that you will be expected to follow. Download now (200k PDF file)